Crafty Crows November Edition Featuring John Burroughs, Nick Degg & Karlostheunhappy plus open mic
Nov 1, 2023 at 19:00 — 21:00 (GMT)
Organiser: Gloucestershire Poetry Society
Wednesday, 1st November 2023, 7 pm to 9 pm. Hosted by Kate Jenkinson
This ticket confirms your attendance.
Featuring John Burroughs
John Burroughs of Cleveland served as the 2022-2023 U.S. National Beat Poet Laureate and is the author of The Wrest of the Worthwhile [2023, Far Queue Press], Rattle & Numb [2019, Venetian Spider Press] and numerous poetry chapbooks. He previously served for two years as the State of Ohio’s Beat Poet Laureate. Since 2008, Burroughs has been the founding editor and publisher for Crisis Chronicles Press. You may find him online at crisischronicles.com.
Featuring Nick Degg
Nick Degg is a Potteries poet, who takes his inspiration from the wrung-out dishcloths of everyday life. A multi-Slam winner, who has worked on commissions for BBC TV & Radio and various organisations taking in the Arts, Sport and Education. He’s recently completed an A-Z Tour, of Towns and Cities in the Midlands and North West, all done in alphabetical order, and in a Classic car. Who knows what his next madcap project will be? But you can bet it will involve plenty of laughter.
With guest poet Karlostheunhappy
Karlostheunhappy has been published in Beatdom magazine and it (international times), and has released his first collection (Oblivion: 200 Seasons of Pain & Magic). Simon Warner (author of ‘Text and Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll: The Beats and Rock Culture‘ and ‘Kerouac on Record: A Literary Soundtrack‘) also interviewed him for his Beat Soundtrack series. In 2002, he was honoured by the National Beat Poetry Foundation, inc., becoming the National Beat Poet Laureate (England) 2022-23.
1) This is an online event hosted via Zoom. The link to this event will be emailed to ticket holders and will be posted on the corresponding Facebook Page Event https://www.facebook.com/TheGloucestershirePoetrySociety on or shortly before the day of the event.
2) Please arrive 10 minutes early to help us to start on time - we aim to start at 7 pm or shortly after.
3) Please mute your mic during poetry readings/performances to enable everyone to enjoy the poet's work.
4) As a supportive space for poets, we allow attendees to clap each poet after they have finished as a show of appreciation.
5) A video recording will be made available on the Gloucestershire Poetry Society (GPS) YouTube Channel.
6) An audio recording and chat transcript will be made available on the GPS website.
Open Mic signup - 3-minute slot
1) Email email@example.com to apply for an open mic slot.
2) Open mic slots become available from 30 days before the event.
3) Open mic slots are given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4) A reserve list is held in case of cancellations.
5) If you have an open mic slot, please keep it within the 3 min allotted time. You may read 1-2 poems as long as they fit into your minutes.
6) Please be mindful of others and provide content warnings where necessary.
7) Your work will be classed as being published if shared during our events. This may affect submission opportunities for that work, so please only share work that you are happy to have published.