Crafty Crows June Edition Featuring Adma Horovitz & Catrice Greer plus open mic
Jun 7, 2023 at 19:00 — 21:00 (BST)
Organiser: Gloucestershire Poetry Society
Wednesday, 7th June 2023, 7 pm to 9 pm. Hosted by Chloë Jacquet
This ticket confirms your attendance.
Featuring Adam Horovitz
Adam Horovitz is a poet and performer based in Gloucestershire. He has released three collections of poetry, Turning (Headland, 2011), The Soil Never Sleeps (Palewell 2018) and Love and Other Fairy Tales (Indigo Dreams, 2021), a memoir, A Thousand Laurie Lees (History Press, 2014) and a CD of poetry and music, Little Metropolis (2015). He has been poet in residence for Glastonbury Festival’s official website, the county of Herefordshire, and Pasture for Life from 2016 - 2019. He has also co-presented The Thunder Mutters, a podcast celebrating the poetry and music of John Clare, and appeared on an album of poetry and music by Cerys Matthews, We Come From the Sun (Decca, 2021). He has also been collaborating with musician Chris Cundy on Archaeology of the Ear, a documentary series featuring music and poetry, broadcast on Resonance FM.
With guest poet Catrice Greer
Catrice Greer is a USA-based writer, editor, and voice artist. She is mental health advocate, a nature education docent, and a teaching artist in residence. Catrice is published in online publications, journals, and international anthologies.
1) This is an online event hosted via Zoom. The link to this event will be emailed to ticket holders and will be posted on the corresponding Facebook Page Event https://www.facebook.com/TheGloucestershirePoetrySociety on or shortly before the day of the event.
2) Please arrive 10 minutes early to help us to start on time - we aim to start at 7 pm or shortly after.
3) Please mute your mic during poetry readings/performances to enable everyone to enjoy the poet's work.
4) As a supportive space for poets, we allow attendees to clap each poet after they have finished as a show of appreciation.
5) A video recording will be made available on the Gloucestershire Poetry Society (GPS) YouTube Channel.
6) An audio recording and chat transcript will be made available on the GPS website.
Open Mic signup - 3-minute slot
1) Email email@example.com to apply for an open mic slot.
2) Open mic slots become available from 30 days before the event.
3) Open mic slots are given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4) A reserve list is held in case of cancellations.
5) If you have an open mic slot, please keep it within the 3 min allotted time. You may read 1-2 poems as long as they fit into your minutes.
6) Please be mindful of others and provide content warnings where necessary.
7) Your work will be classed as being published if shared during our events. This may affect submission opportunities for that work, so please only share work that you are happy to have published.