The Cube - Invitation To Explore Develop & Launch Awards
Nov 11, 2021 at 16:30 — 20:00 (GMT)
The Cube Explore, Develop & Launch Awards is an occasion for our students and graduates to receive recognition with the opportunity of a share of a prize of £5000, kindly funded by Santander Universities UK.
The evening itinerary:
Wine, cheese & nibbles on arrival - Sponsored by our external partner marketing expert Laura Greenland and her business Ebb, Flow and Grow
University of Plymouth Entrepreneurs share their journey and top tips
- Lizzie Binks - Statement UK
- Justin Wright & Hannah Gaunt - Cruisy Campers
- Eleanor Rockett - Rockett Fashion
External partners of The Cube present their story and experience on BBC Dragons Den
- Alex Somervell & Jonny Pryn- One Third Stories
The Explore, Develop & Launch Awards ceremony
- Best New Business Award
- Best Product or Service Award
- Best Sustainable Product / Service Award
- Jo Fairley – Co founder of Green & Blacks organic chocolate
More Wine, Cheese & Nibbles - Sponsored by Ebb, Flow and Grow
Dress Code: Smart
Explore Develop & Launch Awards event 2021
COVID SAFETY MEASURES
The health, safety and security of attendees the number one priority during the event.
All attendees will be required to either;
- Provide proof of your COVID Pass on arrival OR
- Undertake a lateral flow test within 48 hours prior to arriving at the event
If you do not have a COVID Pass, you will be required to present a negative lateral flow test result (this can be displayed on the NHS App, via email or text) upon arrival at the Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth*
Attendees will need to order their lateral flow test kits in advance of the awards event. They can be ordered for free by clicking here, or you can pick them up in person at your local pharmacy (England only) For University of Plymouth Students you can pick up lateral flow test kits from The Student Hub, Charles Seale Hayne Library during normal office hours.
Once you’ve taken your test, please log the result on the government website here. Your test result will then be available via the NHS App, email, or text
Any visitor who fails to present a negative lateral flow test result when required OR a COVID Pass will not be allowed to enter the event
The NHS Track and Trace QR Code will be available to scan at all show entrances
*If you have had Covid-19 in the past 90 days and recovered from it, your lateral flow test may still show a positive result. If this is the case, then please apply for a NHS COVID Pass, which can either be shown at the gate on the NHS app or as an official NHS letter. More information.
Due to the nature of the situation, this guidance may be updated at any point. Any major updates will be communicated to attendees immediately.
What safety precautions are being taken by staff and attendees at the event?
Our staff are committed to keeping you safe during your attendance at the awards event. A number of measures have been put in place to ensure that you can still have a great evening.
- All staff and attendees will be required to provide evidence of a negative LFT
- There will be hand sanitising stations situated at the entrance of the venue
- We’ll be cleaning high touch-point areas more frequently – including all catering areas and toilets
What can you do to help?
We have introduced a number of additional safety measures and guidance this year.
- If you feel unwell before the event, please don’t travel to the Explore, Develop & Launch Event.
- Wash your hands at every opportunity and for at least 20 seconds. Don’t forget the soap!
- While we are not making face coverings mandatory, please feel free to wear a face mask/covering if it would make you feel more comfortable.
- Please be respectful of all other attendees and their space at the event
Any questions please email email@example.com