First Response Emergency Care Level 4
Nov 8, 2021 at 09:00 — Nov 12, 2021 at 16:59 (GMT)
Organiser: Medi 4 Academy
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner or healthcare assistant.
It is also ideal for those who are looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services. As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF), this qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities.
It also forms part of a progressive suite of prehospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF). Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification providers learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to respond to a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health crisis and more.
• Initial patient assessment Physiological
• Anatomy and physiology
• Heart disease
• Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
• Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
• Medical gases – including dosages and administration
• Thoracic trauma Sepsis
• Maternity care
• Respiratory disorders and infections Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
• Triage Full body and limb immobilisation
• Sexual assault
• Major incidents
• Psychosocial development in children
• Emergency care for sick and injured children
• Mental health crisis
• Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions