Legal Project Management Training and Certification Online: Live via Zoom November 11th - 13th, 2020.
Nov 11, 2020 at 09:00 — Nov 13, 2020 at 16:30 (GMT)
Organiser: Legal Project Management Limited
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR LEGAL SERVICES
Learn how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
This International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM) has approved this course and trainer - Antony Smith, non-practising solicitor and practising legal project manager.
Everyone completing the course therefore becomes eligible for IILPM certification in legal project management.
If you sign up for, and complete, two days of training you are eligible to become certified Legal Project Associate (LPA).
If you sign up for, and complete, three days of training and you have worked in the legal services industry for at least one year then you are eligible to become a certified Legal Project Practitioner (LPP).
The LPA is designed for professionals in the legal services industry who work in legal service delivery teams.
The LPP is designed for lawyers (of all kinds) who lead legal service delivery teams and senior managers who work with, or are responsible for, legal service delivery teams.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE
1. An understanding about how to apply project management techniques to legal matters. You will become fully conversant about project management concepts and terminology by the end of the course and, most importantly, you will be able to explain and apply them in the context of legal service delivery.
2. Improved legal project management skills as you will be capable and confident of working effectively in, or leading, legal project teams.
3. Insights about how to convince clients of your legal project management skills.
4. What to look for when seeking to improve your organisations processes, procedures and general approach to legal project management.
5. Certification as a Legal Project Associate (LPA) or Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) as administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
- Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
- IILPM Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
- Practical workshops: experience shows these really help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills. I often find that in my public courses particularly, people learn almost as much from each other as they do from me - the course is a great opportunity to network, share experiences and learn about what other people are doing.
- Alumni slots: I am delighted to say that past graduates of my public courses volunteer to do short 'alumni slots' where they return and explain to course participants how they have applied lessons learned during the course while they develop legal project management capability in their law firm or in-house legal department.
- Post course follow-up: few things are as frustrating as completing a course full of new ideas and enthusiasm, only to find when you return to work course notes get filed away as the daily demands of job take over again. I am really keen that course graduates get to apply legal project management after training. With this in mind I keep in touch with all course graduates. I also offer course graduates three hours of free consultancy advice (via telephone or skype). I find the people who take up this offer are usually those charged with implementing legal project management in their organisation. Some people continue the consultations, which become chargeable after the three hours.
My teaching style is informal, but please note this will be an intensive course, featuring a number of workshop exercises held in a supportive and constructive environment. If you are considering attending, please be prepared to work hard and contribute fully to the workshops and discussions.
Everyone usually really enjoys the workshop exercises, not least because they provide an opportunity to mix and share ideas with a wide range of professionals active in the legal sector such as solicitors, barristers, cost lawyers, business development staff and project managers.
PRE-COURSE MATERIAL AND COURSE LOGIN DETAILS
Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the Zoom login details for the course.
Two weeks before the course begins I will start sending out pre-course material. I will also ask you what you want to achieve from attending the course and I will do my best to make sure your objectives are met.