How To Create Powerful Visual Content On A Small Business Budget
Oct 17, 2019 at 10:00 — 16:00 (BST)
At the very heart of Simply Great Britain is the desire to support small, micro, indie & freelance businesses to shine bright in a world that needs them. Emily (founder and entrepreneur) has travelled your journey and uses her years of experience to bring you a special day that is a game changer for your visuals. Find out about Emily here.
We know you have to do nearly everything in your business. We know that there are tons of support out there but where do you go to create a bespoke visual content plan and learn new skills all in one place among those who get it? We are asked again and again for help to create wow images, visual content that tells a story and easy ways to make an impact. Visual branding is vital for all small businesses but you need to be able to do it in a cost effective and focussed way. This workshop will help you identify your brand, the visuals you need and how to create them plus so much more.
This special workshop will help you focus on your branding, story & audience and understand how you can tell that story day in day out visually. We will take you through the basics of our favourite platforms, share the secrets to a successful visual content plan & help you have a business that looks just as you want it to AND converts to new business. There will also be a practical session on how to create amazing images, visual content & design for your social media, website and marketing.
We are so very pleased too to welcome Jane Kent from Jane Kent Studio to this workshop. A talented creator and maker and a super talented communicator, Jane has a special way of taking you through the steps she takes to building great photography for your social media. This practical part of the workshop will give you invaluable top tips, ideas and inspiration to take you through the coming season and provide the much needed hands on experience you need to be successful with your visuals.
We work in small group of no more than 15 because small is beautiful is a learning space. It will also ensure that you have plenty of practice time in an informal, relaxed setting. Bring along your laptop on the day and you will create take home graphics to use immediately.
You will learn:
- How to understand what your brand is and what it needs in terms of visual content
- How to connect with your audience through visuals
- How to tell your story using your new skills
- How to use our favourite graphics platform
- How to take great images for social media
- How to build your brand using the skills you have learned.
- PLUS you will create new content to use immediately.
Why this workshop?
- We keep things small so that you don't get lost in a big room
- Emily openly shares her top tips, ideas & what she has learned as a small business owner
- We do warm, open and inspirational.
- You will connect with people who share your journey.
- We do practical, so you will leave with a plan that you can implement straight away
- Stepping away from the coal face is where the wisdom & learning starts.
- There'll be a great lunch & buckets of tea.