2019 VCOSS-MAV Emergency Management Forum
Jul 23, 2019 at 09:30 — 15:30 (AEDT)
Organiser: Victorian Council of Social Service
Supporting communities through crisis
The sixth annual VCOSS-MAV Emergency Management Forum: Supporting communities through crisis, will be held on Tuesday 23 July at The Hall, 700 Bourke St, Docklands.
This year’s Forum – Supporting communities through crisis - will explore what’s happening to address the needs of people with a disability in emergency planning, response and relief. Hear from:
- Melba Support Services – Emergency planning for clients with a disability
- Yarra Ranges and Bendigo Councils – Planning for emergency response and relief with people with a disabili
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy – Carers and caring for people with a disability in emergencies
The forum will also showcase a range of tools designed to support the psychological needs of people following an emergency or disaster. Speakers include:
- Emerging Minds – Community Trauma Toolkit
- Australian Red Cross – Supporting Communities Before, During and After Collective Trauma Events
- Victorian Council of Churches - Multi-faith emotional and spiritual care
- DHHS - Psychosocial Reference Group's High Emotion project
Since 2014 the VCOSS-MAV Emergency Management Forums have engaged state and local governments, emergency service organisations, community service organisations and a range of other stakeholders to build resilience and to help deliver enhanced emergency planning, response, relief and recovery. Through the sharing of information and experiences, as well as networking, the Forums encourage collaboration and cooperation across the emergency management sector.
About the organisers
The Victorian Council of Social Service is the peak body of the social and community service sector in Victoria. The Municipal Association of Victoria is the legislated peak body for Victoria’s 79 councils. This is the sixth Emergency Management Forum brought to you by VCOSS and MAV.
VCOSS & MAV acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land where this event will take place, and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.
Please note: Refunds are not available past 10am on 15 July. We encourage you to arrange a replacement attendee if you are no longer able to make it.