Hidden Dublin: Glendalough, Wicklow Day & Sheep Demonstration Tour
Join us on our exclusive Wicklow day tour. Travel through Blessington along the foothills of the Dublin Wicklow mountains passing the man made Blessington lakes until we reach Russborough house.
Meeting Point: Outside the Bank Bar, 20 College Green, Dublin, Dublin 2
Departs: Saturday At 9am
- Likely to sell out
- FREE Cancellation (24hr Notice)
- FREE WiFi on selected coaches
- Fully Guided Tour
- Dedicated group bookings manager to assist you
- Tripadvisor 97% satisfaction rating
You will be given 3 options here. You must choose one and it's included in the price:
1) Choose a guided tour of the house where they can see the Sir Alfred Biet art collection, which made history by a number of roberies carried out by the famous criminal, "The General"
2) A bird of prey display, or
3) Spend your time wandering through the many woodland trails or pit their wits at the Maze !!!
We leave Russborough house and drive to Holywood village, home to the McGurke brothers who emegrated to America and set up a homestead in Callifornia and called it Holywood after this quaint west Wicklow village, from there we drive through the Wicklow mountains learning about "the little people" (fairys) and how the landscape was shaped by the belief in the little people.
We make a photo stop at the Wicklow gap where on a good day we can see across the Irish sea all the way the to Wales, then it's on to the monastic settlement of Glendalough... valley of the two lakes here we have 2 hours to explore and enjoy the serenity of this amazing place.
We depart here approximately 15.15 and make our way to Cullen's family hill farm where you will be treated to a sheep dog demonstration.
We then make our way back to Dublin arriving at at approximately 17.30pm.