Nonviolent Communication Foundation Training - Hebden Bridge
Jun 15, 2019 at 09:45 — Jun 16, 2019 at 17:00 (BST)
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a way of communicating with empathy, integrity, clarity and compassion. It enables honest expression, understanding of what is important to others and finding solutions that care for the needs of everyone. NVC is a set of simple learnable steps underpinned by a way of thinking that enables people to communicate in ways that are powerful yet compassionate.
If you want to improve your relationship with loved ones, work colleagues, your community, or yourself, then this course could be for you.
This course is being offered by Sarah Ludford, a Certified Trainer with The Centre for Nonviolent Communication
This two day course is suitable for complete beginners and will:
Introduce the steps of the Nonviolent Communication process and the thinking that underpins it.
Show you how to use the steps for expressing yourself, hearing others and connecting with yourself.
Give you enough information and practise to start exploring Nonviolent Communication for yourself.
Encourage you to use real examples to see how Nonviolent Communication will make a difference to your life.
Have the potential for connection, fun, depth and transformation.
Learn How to:
- Speak up and express yourself in ways that are more likely to be understood
- Build relationships based on compassion and understanding
- Get clear about what is important to you and make requests of others
- Understand and see the humanity in those you dislike and disagree with
- Hear others with empathy and understanding, even when they express themselves in ways we find difficult
- Recognise and change habitual reactions such as blaming, rejection, criticism and shame
- Have greater compassion for yourself
- Stay in dialogue even when things get tricky
Direct benefits of learning NVC include:
- More personal peace and power
Deepen and enhance your relationships
Understand yourself better
Develop tools that work in any situation
Greater understanding of others and the motivations behind their words and actions
Grow your capacity to experience empathy and compassion for yourself and others
Meet other people who care about their relationships and how they communicate
A set of tools and principles that can be applied in ANY situation and enable you to stay in dialogue with others even when it is challenging to do so
The price for this course is £150. Receiving this amount supports me to be sustainable and to keep doing the work of sharing Nonviolent Communication. At the same time I know that for some people paying £150 makes the course unaffordable and I want NVC to be accessible to everyone. If you would like to discuss paying a different amount, you can choose to pay the deposit only and email me email@example.com so we can agree something that meets everyone's needs.